You can’t go wrong with this recipe!! If you want your tilapia filets to have a little more oomph….dredge them in flour with salt+pepper before you sauté them. My Hammerstahl Fry Pan is perfect for recipes like this one – super lightweight and easy to use. SHOP for it HERE!!
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and butter. When the butter has melted, add the fish and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and just cooked through. Remove the fish and set aside.
- Add the orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, and the ginger to the skillet. Increase the heat and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Taste and add lemon zest or more lemon juice if necessary. Return the fish to the skillet, coat with sauce, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.