Hatch Green Chile con Queso
- 2 Hatch green chiles, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup grated American cheese
- ½ cup grated sharp cheddar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken stock, optional
- To roast the chiles, place them on a grill or burner about 5-6 inches about the heat source. Remove them from the heat once the skins have blackened and blistered. If there are still green spots, the skin wont come off. If you roast over a burner, use tongs to hold the peppers.
- In a medium saucepan, combine both cheese and sour cream and cook over low until the cheese is melted. Stir to prevent any burning. Stir in the tomato, chiles, and garlic powder. Add in extra sour cream or chicken stock to adjust the consistency.